Friday, August 06, 2010

New things

Hi friends! So... some good news came through today!

My dad works for a company called MS Department of Rehabilitation Services. He's worked there for as long as I can remember. Today he calls me (wakes me up, btw) and says "I think I've found a part-time job for you!". I instantly didn't really care what I was doing as long as I would make some money (like I said in my last post, $50 to my name).

So, the job. It's working for his company and going out to client's homes and assessing their living conditions. The counselors do this and have to have an RN present. Hey, GUESS WHAT? I'M AN RN! I would travel to these people's homes, check out how they're living, etc. I make $35 + $.50/mile for each visit! WHOO HOO!

Now, granted, this is NOT a permanent job. Nor will it ever be full-time. BUT it will help make ends meet while I'm looking for a hospital job. And I can probably continue it even after I find a job for extra cash! So needless to say, I'm excited.

And I get to sign off on paperwork as Megan Alderman, RN :) haha

So as soon as I start all that, I'll let you all know how it's going.

In other news, Ashley randomly called me today. She says she wants to go see Train at the Orpheum at the end of this month and I'm invited! YAY! She's being a doll and buying my ticket (of course I'll repay her later) so I can go!

I've been watching lots of True Blood lately. I had to catch up on the new season. Ohmygosh. I know that it's this huge hit, but I love it so much. Have you watched it? I mean who wouldn't want to stare at these guys?



;) Pretty boys.

Also, do you watch Big Brother? I'm hopelessly addicted to reality tv, and this is one of my favorites. If you do watch it, please comment so we can talk about the crazy people on the show this year!

Ok, nothing else new, I guess. Have a great night, guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment