Monday, September 13, 2010

Miscellany Monday

...Job...
So to start off with, I guess I'm going to announce it: I got a job! Select Specialty Hospital called me last week. I had to finish some paperwork--mainly a drug screen and background check. Those things are done, so hopefully I'll be getting a call very soon. I want to start ASAP seeing as how I literally have $4.22 in my bank account right now. The job is basically Med/Surg at a long-term care facility. Definitely NOT my dream job, but again...I need experience and money. I know that ultimately I'll get where I'm headed...which is Labor and Delivery all the way. Pray they call back soon and want me to start!

...Music...
I haven't done a Music Monday in a while, and I decided not to turn this into one, but I really want to share some recent loves with you all.
1. "Basket Case" by Sara Bareilles: Off of her new cd, I immediately fell in love with this one. She has done it again, folks. Really an amazing album.
2. "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + The Machine: I can't remember if I've mentioned this one before or not but it's been in my head for days...and I DON'T want it out. I can't stop listening to it, seriously!
3. "Raise Hell" by Head PE: This song serves no purpose except to make me run faster. I have been working out a lot lately (more about that in next subject) and this song gets me going. It's vulgar and cusses a lot, but I can't help it motivates me. Don't judge me.

...Diet...
As of September 1, I officially started dieting. I had joined the gym in August and was going pretty regularly, but as I had not changed my diet, I wasn't losing any weight. So, like I said, now I'm doing both: diet and exercise. In fact, the whole family is (well, not really Mallory, but she's not home enough for it to matter). We're doing a cross between the Special K diet and counting calories/fat. I've been replacing at least one meal with cereal (my personal choice is multi-grain cheerios) and putting everything I eat into my calorie counter on my phone. I stay below 20g of fat and 1200 calories. I've also been working out every.single.day. I may miss one day a week, but only one. I go for at least 30 minutes a day and most days I do cardio for more than 45 minutes. I should be seeing results, right? Yeah, not so much so far. Since September 1, I've lost 2.8 lbs. I haven't yet weighed for this week so I'm hoping I'll have all-of-the-sudden dropped 5 lbs. Oh well, I'm going to keep it up because I really would like to be 30 lbs down by Amanda's wedding (December 11, 2010). The Maid of Honor should not resemble a bovine. Wish me luck and think positive thoughts for me!

...Television Season...
I love tv shows like a fat kid loves cake. Like Robert loves cake, even. I have about 15 shows that I watch on the regular. I know, right. Crazy. But I just can't help it. Aaaaand, guess what? It's about time for all my shows to start their new seasons! I am beyond thrilled! Next week will begin almost all of them. A few I'm SUPER excited for are: Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Bones. So.so.so.excited.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Until I have more news, that's all you get.

1 comment:

  1. You got a job?! That's GREAT! Congratulations! Girl, I know it may not be the dream, but it will pay the bills (and just wait, getting paid is freaking SWEET) lol.

    ReplyDelete