Monday, September 20, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters



Every Monday I look forward to Rachel's posts about Miscellany Monday. I love that this is a very simple way to just say what's been happening in life and what's been going on in your brain. I've even attempted to do one before, though not quite as elegantly as she. Today is the first time that I'm linking back to the original blogger, though. I'm hoping that I can get some more followers; I need an audience! Haha, ok, so on with it.


{one} I STILL DON'T HAVE A JOB. This is getting crazy. Yeah, I just posted about getting a call-back from Select Specialty Hospital, and I assume that is still in the works...but here we are, 2 weeks later, and I haven't heard a word. But, that is ok. Because I got a call from Baptist last week and they wanted an interview. At first, I wasn't going to go in, but my Mom convinced me that an interview wouldn't hurt anything and I might be surprised. BOY WAS I. The moment I met the Nurse Manager, I liked her. She was young-ish and very personable. We got along splendidly. And the job sounds wonderful! It's on an ORTHO unit, which is technically Med/Surg, but what I'm most excited about is the fact that it's more of a Rehab-type floor. Not just post-surgical care, but a group atmosphere with the patients. And they have SLOW weekends! That means I'd only be required to work one, MAYBE two weekends a month! For a single gal looking for her prince charming, that sounds promising. So...I'm actually hoping that Select will wait a little longer to call me, because I'd really like to hear back from Baptist before I make that decision. Baptist said the earliest they'd let me know is Friday, so I still have some waiting to do. Oh well, pray for me.


{two} Pandora Radio. I love it. I have my favorite stations that I listen to constantly. Want to know them? uno: Idina Menzel Radio (obviously) Major Meg Love for this one. Perfect mix of her pop album stuff and Broadway classics. Makes my heart happy.
dos: Sara Bareilles Radio...Another great eclectic mix of light, fun music with witty lyrics. Just like Sara herself.
tres: Glee Cast Radio...Do I really need to explain myself here?
quatro: Alanis Morissette Radio...Don't you love old-school 90's pop? This has that mix of angry girl music and old songs that you still know all the words to and you didn't even realize it.
cinco: Ray LaMontagne Radio: Big Fat Duh. 'Nuff said.


{three} I need a new blog background/template etc. I really want to order a custom one, but back to the job-less thing...I'm broke. So I'll have to wait on that. But I just feel like none of the free ones really express ME. Hopefully I'll be able to afford one soon, because I've already got one worked up in my head--just need somebody to make it for me!


{four} Toothaches SUCK. For those of you who don't know, I have the absolute WORST teeth in the history of man. I am 22 (ok, almost 23) and I've already had a root canal and 4 crowns. All the dentists tell me the same thing: brush twice daily, floss, stop drinking cokes, blah, blah, blah. I DO ALL THESE THINGS. And I still have numerous cavities. Well, on Friday one of my teeth began THROBBING INCESSANTLY and I couldn't even sleep. Made an appointment today, and of course, I need a root canal and crown. Pretty soon I'm going to have more fake teeth in my mouth than real ones. Good thing Baby Sister is going to school to be a dental hygienist because I'm gonna need the hook-up pretty soon.


{five} I want more followers. I have thoughts. And I think they're pretty interesting. So I want other people to read mine. And comment. I'm willing to return the favor, PEEPS! So, spread the word, Meg @ Meg's Musings is a cool kitten! Haha


{six} Last, but not least, I have had a MAJOR craving the past couple of days for one of these:


Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Oh, man. Except, I want mine to be about 3 times that size. Sad news: it's definitely NOT on the diet. I've considered making some the Weight Watchers way (replacing oil with applesauce and using egg substitute) but, I'm afraid they just won't hit the spot like I'm hoping. Sad, sad, So very sad.

Anyway, I guess I better get my Fat Butt up off of the couch and go to the gym. Beauty is Pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment