Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday



Wow. This is gonna be sooo hard for me. If you've read even ONE of my previous posts, then you understand how important music is to me. It's the air I breathe. Music is the one thing that always "gets" me. Anyway, today, for top 2 Tuesday, I must choose 2 of my favorite songs. I don't think there's any way I can possibly choose just 2, so I'm going to go for the two that have been in my head (and my heart) lately. And I'll probably add plenty other ones at the bottom for "honorable mention".



{one}

"Let the Rain" by Sara Bareilles....I am OBSESSED with her new album. I love EVERY.SINGLE.SONG. There were two that stood out to me immediately, and this was one of those two. I think it's mainly because of the lyrics in the first verse. Just seems like they came straight from me.

I wish I were pretty, 
I wish I were brave, 
If I owned this city 
I'd make it behave 

If I were fearless, 
I'd speak my truth 
The world would hear this 
That's what I wish, I'd do




{two}
"Firework" by Katy Perry... I love her new album as well. Mostly her music is just fun and flirty, but this one really has a meaning. I love the whole "just do your thing and people will love you" message. And it's still a fun song. :)




Honorable Mentions:
"I Stand", "Brave", and "Where Do I Begin" by Idina Menzel
"Gravity" and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" by John Mayer
"Funny Girl" by Barbra Streisand
"Black Water" by The Doobie Brothers
"Faithfully" (or anything else) by Journey
"The Walk" by Imogen Heap
"Since You've Been Gone" by Theory of a Deadman
"Haunted" by Kelly Clarkson

Oh, who am I kidding? I could never pick just one or two favorites.
Sad.

4 comments:

  1. ugh, i love your taste in music. i came across your blog from 20sb and left it open to listen through all the songs you have going. you sure know how to keep us around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of theseeee! How could we ever pick just two?? Hope you're having a fab week...totally wish I could come watch Glee with y'all, but I already have plans :( Save it on your TiVo and I'll come another night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never pick just two either! You picked a lot of great songs. Music means so much to me, too. I love getting lost in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower form the blog hop!! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete