Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


Yep, it's that time again, folks! :)

{one} 
Select Hospital called me today! YAY! Long story short...there was a miscommunication and I was actually intended to start last Monday. Since I never got that call letting me know, of course, I missed it. So I now have to wait until the next Orientation starts...October 11. SO. That is my official start date. I am nervous, excited, worried, nonchalant...about a million other emotions. Whew, I've really gotta get a grip on myself before then, right? :)

{two} 
I have finally set an Oxford visit date! YAY! Amanda asked me to come support her during her Bridal Photograph session on October 8, and obviously, I will be there. I am so excited to see my people again. Especially those sweet Farley babies! I miss them SO SO SO much!


{three} 
I'm eating Pretzel M&M's right now. I feel....naughty. Isn't that crazy? Just a few months ago I would have knocked out these m&m's and then gone and eaten a piece of cake or something too and never have blinked an eye. I guess that's what being on a diet for almost a month does to you. You feel incredibly guilty for pretty much everything. If I miss working out a day...I feel terrible about myself. If I eat something that's not "healthy" (aka M&M's) then I feel like I'm doing something very wrong. BUT. I don't feel bad enough to stop right now. Plus, I literally jogged/biked over 8 mi today at the gym. Burned about 850 calories. So you take that, guilt. P.S. I haven't weighed yet for this week, but so far I've lost 10 lbs. ;) Only 20 more to go for Amanda's wedding and then 40 more after that.

{four}
Are you like me? Do you listen to songs and no matter what's going on in your life the lyrics to that song are PERFECT? Here's some I heard today and they just HIT me. Not because I have anything particularly terrible going on right now, but just because of their beauty.
Time
to tell me the truth
to burden your mouth with what you say
no pieces of paper in the way
"Between the Lines" by Sara Bareilles

These are fun, but have a deeper meaning too.

I'm not calling you a liar,
Just don't lie to me.
I'm not calling you a thief,
Just don't steal from me,
I'm not calling you a ghost,
Just stop haunting me,
And i love you so much,
I'm gonna let you,
Kill me.
"Liar" by Florence + The Machine

Anyway, I'm crazy. And those lyrics were just the ones that stuck out lately.

{five} 
The weather here today was WONDERFUL. For those of you wondering, I live in central Mississippi and it has been unbearably HOT lately. Like, upper 90's every.single.day. Today, it barely got over 70 all day! And a wind was blowing and it was amazing. I actually left the house with a long-sleeved shirt on! Even right now I'm wearing leggings and a long-sleeved tshirt. I am so happy about this. Maybe, just maybe, it will actually begin to feel like Fall now!

{six} 
Glee. I love it so much. And I am so ready for tomorrow night's episode. It's a Britney Spears themed episode. Aaaahh!  I heart Britney's music (c'mon, I'm such a a 90's kid) and I am so happy to see my favorite show performing her! Just check out this preview and tell me you don't think it looks AWESOME.


{seven} 
Just for fun, I've started re-watching Grey's from Season 1. It's been, oh, about 3 years since I've watched it from the beginning so I'm also re-acquainting myself with my favorite quotes. Like these:

Meredith: Stop looking at me like that.
Derek: Like what?
Meredith: Like you've seen me naked.

Derek (to Addison): If Satan were to take physical form, he'd be you. Everywhere. All the time.

Bailey (to interns): Nobody holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins!

Ahhh, Love.

Until next time, blog friends! Oh and if you're a new reader, please feel free to comment! I'd love to know all of you. :)

1 comment: