Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stuff/Miscellany Monday

So sorry I've been neglecting my blog the past week! I have been super busy with the new job and haven't felt much like writing. But, I promised you guys updates, so here I am! :)


--Wicked was last weekend. I can't even describe how much I loved the production. I knew that I loved the songs and the book and had even seen a bootleg version of the musical..but to see it LIVE was entirely different. Vicki Noon was playing Elphaba and I found out afterward that she's actually played her on Broadway before.

Vicki Noon
I loved her so much. Obviously nobody can beat Idina Menzel (especially in this girl's obsessed-with-idina opinion), but she was a wonderful Elphaba nonetheless. I was so inspired by her beautiful voice. Natalie Daradich was playing Glinda and she was truly hilarious. She worked the crowd like no other and I loved her.
Natalie Daradich

Vicki Noon and Natalie Daradich on the Wicked 2nd National Tour

All in all, it was a wonderful night that I will never forget. I want to see it again as soon as I can, and hopefully I'll be visiting NYC next year and I'll get to see it on Broadway! Here are some pictures of us after the show was over. We looked slightly disheveled because we actually had to SPRINT to the Orpheum to make the show on time. Typical.

Chels and I

My sister, Mal, and I

--Now for info on the new job. I started last Monday, and I'm still getting used to a 40+ hour work-week. I have been in orientation the entire time, which is boring and reminds me exactly of nursing school. I am really excited to go up on the floor Thursday and start actually doing my job, ya know? I feel like I've been trained and studied all I can, and now it's time to just DO it. What I'm MOST excited about it the upcoming paycheck on Nov. 4. I am a big fan of money, especially the kind of money I'll be making. It's not going to be an outrageous amount (I'm not getting paid THAT much)...the reason I'm so excited is because I've never had a real job before, let alone one that I'm working full time. SO. That means more money than I've ever had. Too bad it's gotta start going to student loans just as soon as it hits my hands. :( Oh well, that's Life.

--I found out the other day, that due to my work schedule, I will not be able to attend Idina Menzel's concert in Atlanta on my birthday weekend. I'm really bummed about it because I was SO. FREAKIN. EXCITED. to see Idina (did I mention I'm obsessed?). However, I'm a big girl now, and I have big girl responsibilities. Since I'm missing Idina, though, I can now attend the musical Spring Awakening at the Orpheum the night of my birthday. Amanda and I are gonna go together as a girls' thing. I am not as excited about SA as I was about Idina, but I am still excited to see it nonetheless. I've had the soundtrack for ages and am completely in love with it. Hopefully I'll love the LIVE musical just as much.

--Also, I've been listening to this song a lot recently.. "Happy Days are Here Again/Get Happy". A duet with two goddesses, Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland. Judy's voice is so rich and has such a unique quality to it that I just can't get over it. Barbra has better tone with her mouth closed while humming than most people have outright singing. Just listen to it and see if you don't love it. :) Also, the rapport at the beginning is just adorable.

4 comments:

  1. glad you had such fun seeing wicked! it's a great show (and has great music, too)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here. I've always wanted to go see Wicked, still haven't yet though. Glad you had fun!

    Can't wait to see more in the future.

    Jessi
    http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiousity,did you look up the Judy/Barbra video before I put it on facebook? We're so alike it's creepy, Meg-o.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I knew it was Judy/Barbra, but I didn't realize they had a video! And I am SO thankful that you introduced me! :) And yes, we are definitely music soul mates. It's weird and cute. Haha.

    ReplyDelete