Monday, October 04, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


Monday AGAIN? Does it have to happen, like, 52 times a YEAR? Luckily, we have Miscellany Monday to make us feel better.


{one}
My kitty, my very favorite baby kitty, Chali, became really sick yesterday. I woke up to a note from Mom (she had gone to work at 7AM) to check on her because she was acting strange that morning. To let you understand... Charli is all kitten. She is constantly running and jumping and acting crazy. Even when she's sleeping, wake her up, and two seconds later she's jumping around. When I went to check on her, she would barely lift her head to look at me. She wouldn't get off the couch and Dad said she hadn't eaten since he'd been awake. I was worried, but got her to drink some water off of my fingertips, so I let her lay there. Being a Sunday, no vets were open and I knew taking her to an Emergency Hospital would cost LOTS.


I waited a few hours and she still hadn't gotten better. Every time I went to pick her up she would moan a terrible sound and wouldn't even drink water off of my fingers anymore. I became increasingly worried and called the Emergency Clinic. They said to bring her in, and by that time I didn't care about the money because I could see my baby kitty was dying. When I got there (took me about 20 min to get there because it's down in Jackson), I was still worried because Charli hadn't moved an inch from where I set her in the seat beside me in the car and I could actually feel the heat radiating off of her. I waited a while to get in, but the vet tech told me she definitely had a fever. When the Dr came in, things went downhill. She couldn't even examine Charli well because she wouldn't stand on her own and the Dr told me her temp was over 105 and extremely high. She suspected Feline Aids/Leukemia and wanted to test her. The Dr hadn't really given me any hope because she said the cat was so sick we may never know why her fever was so high. Anyway, those tests came back negative. The Dr recommended she be put in the hospital with 3 types of antibiotics going and IV fluids and NSAIDS...All of which are expensive. It broke my heart but when she told me the tentative cost was around $500 (and I'd already paid $125 for the visit and bloodwork) I just knew we couldn't afford to do it. I called Mom and she met me there from work. We cried a lot as we told the Vet that there was nothing else we could do, and since we didn't want her to suffer, could she put her to sleep (even that cost $75 more!)? 


I literally cried my eyes out during all of this. I pretty much didn't stop crying from 1-4pm yesterday. After we told her, the Vet left to get the paperwork, and the Tech walked back in. She said she wanted to offer us a deal: give them 6 hrs to administer the IV fluids and the NSAID to see if they could bring down the fever. We could pay for that: if it worked, we take her home, if it didn't, they'd put her to sleep for free. Since the treatment was only $55, of course we let them try. I wanted her to get better so much, but I knew we just didn't have the money to let them do all of the tests. So....6 hrs later, they called: CHARLI WAS BETTER! Her temp, respiratory rate, and heart rate had all come back down to normal. We went to get her and got some antibiotics and more NSAIDS to keep her fever down. She's been coughing and so we've figured out she has an upper respiratory infection. She's still not completely out of the woods yet, because her temp keeps spiking and she's still kinda drugged, but we're hoping and praying that she'll make it through the next week.


Charli (black) and Emmett (brown and white) being sweet.

Charli playing beside my bed.

Charli during our nap time every afternoon! :)






{two}
I'm getting to see WICKED in two weeks! I am so very excited! Thankfully, mom and dad are paying for the tickets until I get my first paycheck and pay them back. If you've been reading my blog at all, you know how obsessed I am with this show and have been wanting to see it. We've worked it out that my Sister, Ash, Chels, Pie and I are all going together...Yippee! :)


Can't wait to spend some time with two of my favorite witches, Elphaba and Galinda!


{three}
Also, I'm headed back to Oxford for my first trip back since moving this weekend! I promised Pie (the Bride to Be) that I'd be with her during her Bridal Photo Session this Saturday. My grandmother so graciously donated some money (not a lot, but a little) to the "Meg-Wants-To-Visit-Her-Friends" Fund. My sister is also kicking in a little money because she wants to visit too. Yay!

A girl needs her BFF!


{four}
I'm getting down about the diet/weight thing again. Haven't lost any poundage in over a week. Granted, it was that time of the month last week, so perhaps thats why, but it's still disheartening. I'm beginning to resent the gym because I feel like it does no good.


{five}
I have new followers! YAY! Thanks so much to all of you who've stumbled upon me and decided to comment and/or follow! I love each and every one of you (and your blogs!) and appreciate the time you took to acknowledge me :) It feels nice to know people like your blog, ya know? I spend so much time on here yapping and fixing the background, etc...feels good that it's appreciated!


{six}
I'm throwing in a bit of a MUSIC MONDAY today as well. Have you heard the new Katy Perry? Love her. Love this song:

"Circle the Drain" by Katy Perry

Even though I've never been in this particular situation, I love how you can feel how pissed off she is. It's one of those songs that you can "get" even if you've never been there. I love it.

Hope everybody has a good week! :)

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear your kitten is doing better!

    (also WICKED is fabulous - enjoy!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the no poundage loss: Change up your workout. Do a workout class or something. Your body gets used to doing the same thing, so you have to change it up and trick your muscles.

    Are you lifting? That keeps your metabolism up WAY after actually working out.

    I just thought I'd give some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, so so so glad about little Charli! I hope she keeps getting better. I know you'd be so sad without her. And about the dieting...keep going. Seriously, there are so many weeks that I don't lose a single pound...but I persevere and keep going, and the next week, I'll drop a few. You can DO THIS! Don't hesitate to text/call me when you need encouragement...I should've text you today when I ate that cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete