Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hauntingly Beautiful

Ever hear one of those songs that just makes you stop and listen? I have recently gotten back into listening to 90's pop songs and ran across this one...




The lyrics are simple, and the voice is gorgeous. Love me some Alanis Morissette.

I also listened to some old Jewel and remembered how inspirational this one song is...



Especially the first verse...


If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear


I told you this blog would probably end up being mostly about music. :)


---Meg

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Jewel songs! And btw- is the "i believe in yesterday" intentionally a reference to a Boyz II Men song? If not, it's been stuck in my head all day, thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete