Monday, August 09, 2010

I need a hobby

So I guess it's bad that my only friends these days are vampires, werewolves, telepathic waitresses, crime scene detectives, chief medical examiners or stuck on a deserted island?

But oh, what a wonderful world it is. :)

I have always been a huge tv/movie fan. I love film and love the progression of characters. I love how for that hour or two you are taken away from your own life, and lead a much more exciting one whilst still staying safe. I love these characters like they were my own friends and family and hate when they suffer.

Is that a little pathetic? Maybe.

But I just don't care. Obviously, my obsession with television and its characters has gone on this long...it's not gonna stop any time soon.


In other news (well, it's kind of connected, but not really)...so the main character in True Blood is telepathic, right? While watching this show I've started wondering to myself...what would someone hear right now if they were "listening in" on my thoughts? And I've realized something....I don't think I'm normal.

See...Everybody know I have this thing for music. But what people don't understand is that there is CONSTANTLY music in my head. I'm not exaggerating. Even when I'm having thoughts, such as the ones I'm writing down now, there is music playing in the background. Right now it's "Mercedes Benz" by Janis Joplin. Earlier this morning it was "No Good Deed" from Wicked. It's like my brain is an iPod on shuffle. And it never shuts off. The ONLY time I don't have music in my head is when I'm listening to it out loud. THAT'S why I like to have music playing all the time. My parents especially don't understand why I always have to have the radio on, or my iPod playing, or want to listen to something. It's so I don't have background music and just have thoughts. Does that make sense? Don't get me wrong...I love the fact that I have this sort of "talent" for good music and that other people respect my opinion on said music (nothing makes me happier when I introduce somebody to music and they love it....especially when it's something they would normally never get into), but I have to have it playing for real....outside my head. It just makes me feel better.

See, suppose I'm thinking a certain thought..."Man, I have to wash clothes today." I never just have that thought. What actually happens is I have that thought in the foreground and the music is in the back...just like a television or a movie.

I'm so weird.

Tell me your thoughts (or background music!).

2 comments:

  1. You know, you could always get into something like sewing or decorating. Then... if you got good enough you could make some money off of that! That's my plan, at least!

    Love ya,

    Pi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, this post was hilarious. And I got to thinking about it, and I can't tell you how many times (it has to have been every time) I have hung out with you and you mentioned w/e song was in your head. Like last time u guys stayed over, and you woke up and were like, how can I have a wicked song in my head when I first wake up, like how is it possible? i think it's pretty awesome, lol. and amanda- sewing? I mean, really?

    ReplyDelete