Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wonderful Ways to Waste Time

I am an internet junkie.
I love wasting my time on pointless websites that entertain me.
Because of this, I have compiled a large list of awesomely bad sites to waste time on.
Here they are, because you know you wanna go!

1)Regretsy

You know that wonderful site, Etsy, that allows people to sell their homemade items online? Carly, my previous preceptor, showed it to me and I instantly fell in love. It's a wonderful way to find interesting homemade things. And you wouldn't believe the random items that people make and sell! There's even a way to request a certain something to be made for you.

Well, someone realized that people don't just post normal, appropriate items for sale.
Some people are very strange.

This website, REGRETSY, lists some of those hideous/crazy/unusual things for us to see. Amazing.

2)Lamebook/Failbook

Most of us have heard about lamebook by now, but in case not, here ya go. This one celebrates the idiots and the things they post on Facebook.
There are also countless other sites that are just like it, but these two are my favorites.

I'm intrigued, enthralled, and wondrous at some of the insane things people post for all of the world to see.

3)PostSecret

Five years ago, a man named Frank decided to do a community art project. He named it postsecret. Basically, all he asks is for you to write down you deepest, darkest secret on a postcard. Decorate it and give/send/email it to him. All anonymously. Then he puts them together for books, his website, etc. I love reading some of the secrets because they're so outrageous you wouldn't believe somebody would actually admit to it. Other times I have the same secret, so obviously it can't be that big of a secret. New posts are added every Sunday and I check it religiously.

4)STFU, Parents

Do you have that Facebook/Myspace friend that is now a parent and all they talk about is their child? While it can be cute at first, some things just cross a line. This is where those things are cataloged. Anything from a parent posting a poopie diaper pic to them discussing eating placenta can be found here. Disgusting but also totally enjoyable.

5)Not Always Right

If you've ever worked in customer service, you understand my pain. And theirs. This is a blog list of crazy people who harass customer service reps. People are so, so stupid. It's astounding.

6)Crazy Things Parents Say

Ever have a normal conversation with your Mom or Dad and out of the blue they say something so outrageous you can't help but laugh? So did they.

7)People of WalMart

You've seen that guy. The one that you look at and think "No way in hell he thinks that's ok to wear in public.". Welp, some people took pictures of those people and sent them in to a website for all of us to enjoy. Could also be a warning.

8)FML

Ever have one of those days that just sucked? You should have written it down and posted it here.
(BTW, FML stand for "F*ck My Life", a term that basically means, my life sucks so bad I just want to say "F*ck it" to all of it.)

9)Texts From Last Night

These people got very drunk and woke up to very random and interesting texts that they apparently sent or received the night before. It's like a trip back to college!!

No comments:

Post a Comment