Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Night



Ashley, being the awesome friend she is, decided she wanted to go see Train at the Orpheum in Memphis and wanted to take me along...YAY!

I like Train's music, not a huge fan, though. But I love concerts in general so I was still excited to go. We drove all the way from Jackson to Memphis (that's a long haul, lemme tell ya) and got there in time to eat at the Flying Saucer. It was Delicious. I had some kinda buffalo chicken wrap thing that was yummy.

Then we head to the Orpheum. I was SO EXCITED to see a huge poster for Wicked up on the side of the building.



I am so so so excited about seeing this show live, people. I want to travel to the Land of Oz for a couple of hours and sing "The Wizard and I" with Elphaba!!!

Also, once we got there I realized that a band a absolutely LOVE was there... NEEDTOBREATHE!



And, they played one of my favorite songs by them "Girl Named Tennessee". Then, they played "Washed by the Water" acoustic. No mic, only a guitar and a wood box (drummer used) and the guys harmonizing. So gorgeous.

We were so excited to be there...


After the concert we went to Chels's house in Collierville and spent the night with her. So great to catch up a bit with them and be around friends! I miss people who are related to me! Haha.

All in all it was a great night. Train played all of my favorites and plus some that I didn't know but still loved. Pat Monahan came out into the crowd during the gorgeous song "Marry Me" and was so close I could touch him. I am so grateful that I got to go! :)

1 comment:

  1. I would just die to hear them sing Marry Me in person! I LOOOOVE THAT SONG! And you look so super tan in that picture, I am so jealous! I am ghostly white, and it is NOT okay! Can't wait to hang sooooon!

    ReplyDelete