Monday, May 03, 2010

Music Monday! :)

Oooh I picked out some good ones this week! Prepare yourself! :)




1. Better to Have Loved by Idina Menzel Um, it's IDINA FREAKIN' MENZEL. Have you heard her before? OMFG. She's got one of the most amazing voices that this generation has ever heard. She's a Tony Award Winning Broadway STAR. And this song is so beautiful. Love the lyrics (which she co-wrote!) Better to have loved than never loved at all, better to have dreamed than never taken the fall, better to held you and let you in than never to have touched your skin

2. Hiding My Heart Away by Brandi Carlile I have expressed my love for her before. Love this song so much.

3. Leaving Town Alive by Bethany Joy Lenz She is/was a cast member of One Tree Hill and she sang on the show pretty frequently. I love this one particular lyric from this song...Life is for the living, the forgiving, and for leaving town alive. I believe that sums up my whole life.

4. White Horse by Taylor Swift Ok, I know she's not the most amazing vocalist. But her songwriting skills more than make up for where she's lacking. This whole song tells the story of every small town girl in America.

5. My Sweet Song by Toby Lightman This song is on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack (I'm a HUGE soundtrack junkie). I'd never heard of her before this song but I love how bluesy it is.

6. Different Stars by Trespassers William Cannot for the life of me remember how I first heard of this band. It might have been Grey's Anatomy, but I'm not sure. But then my old friend Kaleigh gave me their cd and I was instantly in LOVE. This one is slow and soft and pretty.

7. Don't Forget Me by Way Out West This song I did definitely hear on Grey's. It sounds similar to the one above, but it's been one of my favorites for years. It's another one of those songs that I just want to sit and watch the rain fall while listening.

8. Love Ridden by Fiona Apple Although she is most well-known for "Criminal", this one is even better. Another one of those slow, cool songs you just sway to.

9. Say Yes by Elliot Smith Nothing really special about this song, it's just fun to listen to.

10. Postcards from Italy by Beirut This guy's voice is pretty strange but I love it. The musicality of this song is what gets me.

11. My Body is a Cage by Arcade Fire Who doesn't love Arcade Fire?? Fun Fact: Stephenie Meyer recommended listening to this song while reading her newest novel "The Host". If you've read it then you totally understand. ;)

12. The Funeral by Band of Horses Can't help singing this song every time I hear it. Even though I don't really know the words....

13. Gone by Matt Nathanson I KNOW I've shared my crush on this guy with you all. Of his many songs that I adore, this is one of my favorites. Love the line...Gone, let it wash away all the best I had, I'm gone and when I disappear, don't expect me back

14. Frozen by Madonna I don't really know why but I was almost attracted to this certain Madonna song. Love the deep, soulful feel. Love the video, too.

15. When the Stars Go Blue by Tyler Hilton and Bethany Joy Lenz LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG. I just wanna belt it when I hear it. This guy's voice is freakin' smooth, too. So cool.


And stay tuned..next week's Music Monday is GLEE THEMED!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment