Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Something has changed within me, Something is not the same

So. I haven't had a heart-to-heart with you guys in a while. Lately, I've had a lot on my plate. School, tests, graduation, job-searching, moving, final papers, etc...all on my mind. I have so much to do and so little time to actually do it. Also, while reading my friend Rachel's blog (who is going through the exact same thing I am right now), I second her opinion about people asking me about my future. While I appreciate the fact that they care about me... I am so tired of repeating the same thing to every person I meet: NO I do not have a job, NO I do not know where I will be living right now, NO I do not want to work on anywhere else but L&D, but YES I do understand that I may have to make a compromise...I have very mixed feelings about my upcoming graduation. I am so nervous about the thought of being a "GROWN UP". But I am so excited to start a new chapter in my life. It makes me so sad to think about moving away from my friends here in Oxford, but I am so excited to live closer to my family and most of all, my wonderful sister.



Me and my sweet sister.
Isn't she gorgeous?

But aside from all the things I really need to be doing, today, I am watching Glee. And listening to soundtracks from Wicked. While I have liked the song "Defying Gravity" for a while, today when I listened to it, the song took on a whole new meaning. MY LIFE.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!


I have to take control of my life right now. If things don't work out exactly as planned, at least I will have experience gained. I am my own person.

I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!


By the way, if you've never heard this song, you're missing out. It was on Glee, and while Lea Michelle did a wonderful job singing it, Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith cannot be beaten. Here's a link of them singing it LIVE for the Tony Awards...HERE.

So anyway, I hope that everybody out there reading this (both of you!) has better luck in life than I am having right now. But still, I am grateful. For the chance to worry about a job, for the certainty that if all goes wrong, I still have a great family waiting for me and willing to support me in whatever I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment