Thursday, May 06, 2010

my worst, my own worst enemy

So if you haven't noticed already... I have this thing for MUSIC. Not really any particular type of music... as long as it's good, I'll like it. And I like to think of certain songs as the soundtrack to my life. As I talked about in Monday's post.. I have recently gotten Idina Menzel's pop album I Stand and I LOVE IT. One of her songs in particular feels like I wrote it. It's called My Own Worst Enemy.



In the roses in the spring
I remember, there was a time I wasn't afraid of anything
with the lilacs and the rain one day you went away
I remember, I forgot everything

My mother's always trying to tell me how to be grateful, how to beleive
My father's always trying to say "baby you're beautiful, in everyway"
My lover's always got me in his arms trying to protect me, keep me from harm
so why do I always have to be my worst, my own worst enemy?

Enemy, oh

In the shadows in the grace in the lonely there is a place
where we can all hide away
but in the windows of the soul there is nowhere we can go
if we keep running, running from our destiny.

My mother's always trying to tell me how to be grateful, how to believe
My father's always trying to say "baby you're beautiful, in everyway"
My lover's always got me in his arms trying to protect me, keep me from harm
so why do I always have to be my worst, my own worst enemy?
oh, my worst, my own worst enemy
my worst, my own worst enemy

You say I walk on water, you say I walk on the moon
But it's never enough no it's never enough, no it's never enough
You say I'm only human, it's all in my head
But it's never enough, no it's never enough, no it's never enough
One day I'll find my alibi

My mother's always trying to tell me how to be grateful, how to believe
My father's always trying to say "baby you're beautiful, baby your..."
My lover's always got me in his arms trying to protect me, keep me from harm
so why do I always have to be my worst, my worst enemy?
my worst, my worst enemy
I wasn't afraid, no I wasn't afraid
My worst, my own worst enemy
My worst, my own worst enemy
Oh, My worst, my own worst
Oh, My worst, my own worst
Oh, My worst, my own worst


Ooooh I love it so. Oh! Here's some more random for you today... lately I have realized I really want a flip cam. In particular... THIS flip cam...



DON'T YOU LOVE IT?

See the thing is, I doubt I would use the flip cam a whole lot. But I want one anyway. To pretend like my life is cool and important enough that I need this cool little cam to pull out at a moment's notice. :)

I should be studying right now. I know, I know, "MEG! You've already failed this test TWICE. Get a move on the studying already!!!"

I'm going, I'm going.

I'm trying to remember if there are any other random tidbits of life I wanted to share....

Oh, it's starting to get really hot down here in the 'Sip (that's slang for MISSISSIPPI for all you Yanks). It's moved right on past the "it's really nice out" stage and straight into the "I need a fan in my pants" stage. Seriously, you can't understand until you've lived it.

Ok. Guess I'll go do some study questions. Would you like an example of what I study all day? Here's one...

During a mass disaster drill simulating a terrorist attack, the nurse must triage numerous severely ill persons. The client who should receive care first is:

a) cyanotic and not breathing
b) gasping for breath and conscious
c) apneic and has an apical rate of 50
d) having a seizure and is incontinent of urine



and the answer is...B. Gotta get the ones that are the worst but can actually be saved to help during disasters. Know how I remember these things? I relate everything I've learned in nursing school back to an episode of either Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, or House. SHUT UP. It helps me remember. And this particular question relates to the "Holy Mother of Destruction" epi. HAHA!

Ok, for real this time, I'm going to study. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment