Monday, May 10, 2010

Music Monday: GLEE edition!

So, recently I started watching the show "Glee". It's seriously AMAZING. I mean, nothing can top Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice for me, but this one may even tie with them. So, to show my love, I am dedicating this week's MUSIC MONDAY to just this show. Yay!





1) Defying Gravity Uhm, DUH. It's number one. I loved this song way before I knew about Glee and I love it even more with Lea Michele/Rachel and Chris Colfer/Kurt singing it.

2) Don't Rain On My Parade Lea Michele is awesome. She rules. And this song is so gorgeous. And I totally cried when she sang this at Sectionals (on the show)!

3) Don't Stand So Close to Me/Young Girl Mashup I can't decide if I love this mashup so much because of the storyline surrounding when they sung it on the show or because I love both of these songs so much. Either way...it's good. Listen.

4) Don't Stop Believing At first, all I could think was "You don't mess with freakin' Journey". BUT. This is really good. Love it.

5) Maybe This Time As you can see, I have a thing for showtunes.

6) Smile (Charlie Chaplin) Beautiful song. Beautiful voices.

7) Borderline/Open Your Heart Two of Madonna's greatest thrust together to make music LOVE.

8) Hello, Goodbye C'mon. It's the Beatles. And they do a great job.

9) Hello (feat. Jonathan Groff) So Jonathan Groff is Lea Michele's real-life gay bestie. I need a gay bestie that can sing like him. It'd be so awesome. Oh, and their voices melt together wonderfully.

10) Alone When Kristin Chenoweth sings, I listen. And I weep. :)

11) Somebody to Love It's Queen's song, but they did a damn good job. Who knew Cory Monteith/Finn had such a high-pitched voice?

12) Taking Chances See, Kara DioGuardi wrote this. And Celine Dion sings it. and Lea Michele re-did it. It has everybody that I love involved.

13) On My Own I honestly had never heard this song before Glee. Which is sad, because it's from one of the longest-running Broadway shows ever, "Les Miserables". I desperately need to see this now.

14) I Could Have Danced All Night My Fair Lady :)

15) Like a Virgin I would include this song on every list I ever made no matter who sung it. :)

Please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch this show. If you even remotely like comedy and music, then you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment