Friday, June 18, 2010

You're a Funny Girl...

I heart Barbra Streisand. And I especially heart one of her movies called "Funny Girl". The title song is my absolute favorite due to the lyrics. I, myself, have always felt like the "funny girl". I am not the girl that guys lust after, or try to be with. I'm the girl joking around with them and making them laugh. Most of the time I don't mind, because I like being funny...but every now and then it sucks to not be able to get on the other side, ya know?

Here's the original from the movie:


and here's the one sung recently on "Glee" by my very favorite person, Idina Menzel:



Lyrics:
Funny
Did you hear that
Funny
Yeah, the guy said honey
You're a funny girl
That's me I just keep them
In stitches...doubled in half
And though I may be all wrong for the guy
I'm good for a laugh

I guess it's not funny
Live is far from sunny
When the laugh is over
And the joke's on you
A girl ought to have a sense of humor
That's one thing you really need for sure
When you're a funny girl
A fellow said a funny girl
Funny, how it ain't so funny,
Funny girl...


Here is another song from the show I adore...it's called "People"

No comments:

Post a Comment