Thursday, July 08, 2010

Update

Yes, I know, it's been quite a while since I updated--over a week! So, though I don't have much to say today, I decided to put on Pandora (Idina Menzel Radio, of course) and just talk. So, here I am.... I haven't told you guys yet..but I actually set a date for my NCLEX.

JULY 21

I am pretty freakin' nervous about it. I had a mini breakdown the day I set it. I called my Daddy...cried for a bit. Then I sucked it up. And set my mind to what I have to do--and that is PASS. This is only the biggest obstacle I will have in my life thus far. LICENSURE.

I'd rather have two more knee surgeries than do this test. Yes, it's THAT BAD.

But I know that the past 2 (...4) years of school have prepared me. The entire week and a half leading up to the date I have taken off of work and will be doing NOTHING but studying. No visiting friends, no hanging out..no playing Lego Harry Potter (my recent video game obsession). JUST STUDYING.

I can do this. But I would really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers in the meantime.

I HAVE to find a job. HAVE TO. I need income. And the whole point of me moving in with my parents is to save money from my actual job...and put it toward my student loans.

I have to get on with my LIFE, ya know?

No more of this limbo thing. No more of this college graduate without a job thing. No more of this no boyfriend, 100 lbs overweight thing (oh wait, that's a whole other set of goals).

I have this mental checklist in my head, of how my life is supposed to be. So far, I have really only accomplished the first part--graduating from college. There's so much more that I expect of myself, and in order to reach/pursue these goals...I need more. I'm not sure what exactly I have to do, but moving to Jackson is my first step. Maybe a change in scenery will jump-start my life and head it in the right direction.

But, I am still incredibly sad. I have lived in Oxford my entire life! I know nowhere else. And though I am so happy about seeing my family more often (I miss my mom and dad and sister constantly), I am scared? sad? anxious? about leaving. And I HATE the whole moving process. Definitely not looking forward to doing that. Well, again, all I can do is suck it up, and ask for prayers. Pray that I find a good job, pray that I find a good man, pray that my life ends up being all that I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment