Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Study, Study, Study

First of all, I AM studying, I'm just taking a break right now to tell about my vacation this past weekend!

We (Kasey/Johnny/Nate, Nikki/Kelley, Alex/Cory, and me and my sister) drove over to Birmingham, AL on Friday afternoon so we could enjoy a couple of days at their theme/water park. It's called Alabama Adventure and it's right below Birmingham in a little town called Bessemer. Though it was a very short vacation (we arrived Friday night and left Monday morning), we all had an awesome time. I love those people (they're all Amanda's cousins) like my own family. We played hard during the day and ate good food every night. I am crispy-fried burnt though because for some reason I didn't think I'd need sunblock for an entire day outside clad only in a swimsuit. (Definitely a DOH! moment)

The water park was pretty fun, but just being in the water and hanging out with these folks made it really fun. Honestly, the most fun I had that day was in the lazy river! We were all floating together and acting crazy, horse-playing and such. Fun, Fun, times.

Then on Sunday (after I got crazy red-burnt) we went to the amusement park side. It was lots better than I expected, honestly. The really cool thing about it is they mixed in carnival-type rides with regular roller coasters. Normally, I don't have much problem with motion sickness on these rides and I enjoy them immensely. But for some reason on that day, my stomach was NOT cooperating. Coulda been the extreme sunburn, could have been the heat, could have been the greasy McDonald's breakfast (we woke up too late for the continental :( ) but whatever it was...I only got to ride a few of the rides and even then I got off sick to my stomach. But...I still had a blast!

Now, back to what I'm supposed to be doing. I am studying for my big test. I take it next Wednesday, exactly a week from today. Currently I am using my Hurst Review Book and the online resources they provided for me to study. I hope to get in at least 3 straight hours of studying a day. I feel like that will be plenty, ya know? Oddly, I'm not nervous anymore. I just want to get it over with! Everybody that I know that has taken it already has passed with flying colors, so surely I can too!

But still Pray for me, k? :)

2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    We had the BEST time this past weekend too. Sooo many great memories were made & that's what vacations are all about...whether it's a long, extravagant va-cay, or a short, fun, water/theme park va-cay. It was nice to just get away from reality for a few days (and the company was nice too)! We so enjoyed just hanging out with you & Mallory & there were so many "pee in your pants" hilarious moments that made the trip that much better! We love you like you're part of our family & we are so thankful that Amanda introduced you to us!
    Love, Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I love you too Kasey! :)

    ReplyDelete