Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Music Monday... oh, wait it's Tuesday....

So I'm a little behind this week, but I've been wanting to do a Music Monday for a while, so here's goes. I also made a playlist on Grooveshark so anyone could go listen to these songs. The link for that is here. There's also a widget at the bottom of this blog if you just want to listen and read at the same time. :)

1)One Moment More (acoustic) by Mindy Smith. LOVE HER. And this song. I recently found out it was written about her mother, but it's just one of those songs that will touch you no matter who you're thinking of when you listen to it.

2)Girl Named Tennessee by Needtobreathe. This is a band I was recently introduced to by one of my good friends who told me "When I heard this song, I thought Megan would love this". Guess what? I totally do. They're actually a Christian Alternative Rock band. This song is just so cool and bluesy, you can't help but like it.

3)Near to You by A Fine Frenzy. Ohmygosh. This song makes me cry every single time I listen to it. The lyrics are so strong and it hits you right in the heart. It's beautiful, though.

4)World Spins Madly On by The Weepies. Something about this song just makes me happy.

5)Paperthin Hymn by Anberlin. I like this song so much I got some of the lyrics tattooed on my foot! LOOK! My favorite lyric is laugh, love, live free, and sing. when life is in discord, praise ye lord.

6)Find Me by Boyce Avenue. A few years ago, I accidently discovered this band on MySpace and quickly fell in love. They're brothers and from Florida. They're music is really catchy and the lead singer's voice is amazing.

7)Long Way by Daughtry. This is a bonus track on his newest cd and I was immediately attracted to it. I love the pulsing base line and his voice is perfect for this type of song.

8)Under the Sheets by Ellie Goulding. One of the artists I follow on Twitter (my account is here.) is obsessed with Ellie Goulding so, of course, I had to check her out. This song is just a fun one to listen and dance around to.

9)Whisper by Ernie Halter. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful voice. 'Nuff said.

10)The Walk by Imogen Heap. My FAVORITE song by one of my FAVORITE artists. It's just so fun.

11)Sort of by Ingrid Michaelson. Anybody else want her and Joshua Radin to get together and create a wonder indie music child?

12)Half of My Heart by John Mayer. I gotta say, I don't really like him. But I love his music. And as soon as I heard his newest album, this became my fav. His voice is smooth like butta.

13)Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum. One of my favorite Lady A songs. I'm so drawn to the simple, yet honest, lyrics. Her voice is so pretty.

14)5:19 by Matt Wertz. My good friend Rachel (her blog) told me about him. Love this song. My favorite lyric from this song is if i could talk to you, i'd want you to know, i'm holding loose, but ain't letting go)

15)Rain by Patty Griffin. By far, my favorite song of hers. It's so simple and alluring. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.


1 comment:

  1. Near to me = instant emotional breakdown

    better watch out I might steal one of your baby names... HA like that would ever happen ((me having a kid))

    Love you Meg :)

    ReplyDelete