Monday, March 22, 2010

slowly but surely...

I am officially almost finished with my preceptorship. I didn't think I could love Labor and Delivery anymore than I already did... but I DO. I love it so. I just know that God himself created me to do this. With every birth I witness or assist, I fall more and more in love. My preceptor, Carly, is wonderful. Intense, but very wonderful. I have learned so much. The girls there are fantabulous, and I could see myself fitting in very quickly. If only I would actually get a job at Tupelo.

In other news...
There isn't much else. All I've been doing lately is sleeping, watching LOST, and going to help with birthing some babies. And that, ladies and gents, is how I would like to spend the rest of my life (change out LOST with various other tv shows or books).

So as I wrap this up, let me explain to you what is happening RIGHT NOW. I am currently finishing up a bowl of popcorn, mainly because it was the quickest sustenance I could provide myself. It is 9 in the morning and I have been awake since about 4 yesterday afternoon. I am going to watch some more LOST until I fall asleep, and I'll probably wake up around 5 or 6. What a lovely (backwards) day.

PS You have never experienced a hard sleep until you have worked a 12 hr shift and come home to sleep. It's AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment