Sunday, November 21, 2010

Old Stuff

Hey guys! I know I haven't blogged in a while. Honestly, I've been spending all of my spare time sleeping or watching tv! Such a winner, I know.

But, today I was playing around on Facebook and I found some old "notes" I'd written, and a part of one I'd like to share.

I wrote this about 4 years ago and it's still true...every bit of it.

Eight ways to win my heart:
1. Be funny.
2. Be smart.
3. Have nice teeth.
4. Be tall.
5. Have dark, curly hair.
6. Be a good dancer.
7. Honestly laugh at my jokes.
8. Listen to what I have to say, and even if you don't agree, at least respect my opinion.

That is so important to me. I have very strong opinions on some things, and being from the South, my liberal views on things are not always well-received. I can't stand it when people look at my different just because I say I voted for Obama and agree with most of his values. Yep, you read that correctly.

I VOTED FOR OBAMA.

But that's not the point. The point is that it shouldn't matter. Just because we disagree on something does NOT give you the right to talk down to me, or to disrespect me in any way. We are a nation of differing opinions, and that's what makes our democracy work. So yeah, we may not see eye-to-eye, but instead of calling me names such as "baby-killer" or "muslim-lover", how about you take a step back and just keep your mouth shut. Because saying those things is not changing me, but instead reinforcing my beliefs.

And whomever I do end of marrying MUST understand these things about me. I can NOT live with someone who does not respect that I have a mind of my own and particular views on things.

It's just the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie, gave you an award! come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete